Expanding Perception, Giving Permission, & Growing Possibilities
Through Ecosomatics & The Feldenkrais Method
Want to learn the skills and mindset you need to move past your limitations?
• Location: Washington, DC
• Date & Time: November 4th & 5th, 10am - 5pm
• Investment: $350 early registration til October 1
• Facilitators: Seth Dellinger, GCFP & Chandler Stevens, founder of The Soma School
More Awareness. More Movement. More Possibility.
Learn How To Shine Light On Your Blindspots To Create More Possibilities In Life!
We know you're passionate about your movement and your personal growth.
There's a vision of yourself that you're drawn to.
Unfortunately having a vision isn't enough.
Lofty goals without directed action remain lofty goals. And your current autopilot habits won't get you any closer to where you want to go.
How can you bridge the gap between who you are now and who you want to be?
There are three crucial ideas you need to understand:
- Somatic educator F.M. Alexander said: "People do not decide their futures; they decide their habits, and their habits decide their futures." You must identify that habits that serve you and those that don’t - and develop practices that help you generate new habits for the better.
- Behavioral psychologist Kurt Lewin stated: "Behavior is a function of a person within an environment." You need to shift your surroundings in such a way that those practices happen naturally.
- Somatic educator Moshe Feldenkrais noted: "We act in accordance with our self-image." It's imperative that you refine your self-image in order to bring about change in your life.
In a nutshell your future hinges on your self-image - the critical question then is: how can you refine it so that you can live the life you want? At "Unbox Yourself!" you'll learn how to develop personalized practices so that you can restore mobility and freedom in your body, find clarity and direction in your life, and become the best of yourself.
If you are willing to give yourself permission to to bring awareness to your limitations, we'll teach you how to move past them with clarity and confidence.
What We'll Explore
- Perceptual biases and blindspots...and how to overcome them
- How to use body awareness for clarity and ease
- Feldenkrais movement processes for more effortless movement and expanded body creativity
- Natural movement exercises to restore mobility, develop coordination, and increase strength
- The "Positive Sensory Inventory" to help you find more joy in day-to-day life
- Self-inquiry lessons for a deeper understanding of your thoughts and behaviors
- The "Embodied Strengths Assessment" for practical strategies you can use to be your best self
- The Ecosomatic framework for improved movement and mindset
- Design thinking sessions to create the environment that facilitates the changes you want to make
- And much more
What Clients Are Saying...
"You provide a welcoming space for someone to see the door to possibility and enter a room of opportunity.
Being someone who is a living example, it's easy to listen to your words and engage in your thoughts.
You do a good job listening and providing ping-ping feedback that enables your client to think for themselves." - Ross
"There was something holding me back from realizing my full potential.
I’ve realized from working with you that what was holding me back was a sense of not having complete control over my situation because I lacked full ownership of the process.
By reframing myself as the hero, not the victim, I now had to play the part. With your encouragement, I went in and kicked myself in the butt because no one else could do it for me." - Lauren
"I've never had more fun, gotten better results, or felt this good so quickly in my whole life...My mobility has sky rocketed, I recover faster, and I am running and bouncing around like a kid again.
Chandler's knowledge, encouragement, & passion are top notch. I'd recommend him to anyone looking to gain confidence & strength in their own bodies. Man or woman, young or old, Chandler will get you where you want to be." - Zach
"Working with Seth really opened my eyes to the connection between my movement and my thinking.
The experience was illuminating, grounding, and restful. I would definitely recommend his classes." - Nicole
After years of stretching, releasing and opening, I still had such limited mobility in certain areas of my body. I couldn’t understand why...I figured I’d overstretched from all the yoga, and I felt a little betrayed by my practice.
I have so much more confidence in myself as a yoga teacher and personal trainer now.
I’ve learned so much...It feels like I’ve discovered the missing pieces in my experience with my body and my trainings as a yoga teacher and CPT." - Erika
- What do you focus on? Why?
- Where are your blindspots?
- What are the boundaries you live by, and what compels you to do so?
- How does your vision affect your movement and alignment?
- Use awareness to amplify your strengths and be mindful of your weaknesses.
- Examine the tone and vocabulary of your internal dialogue. Does it support your growth?
- Gift yourself a new way of being to move confidently toward your goals.
- Find renewed support in your body.
- Restore fluidity and freedom to your movement and mindset.
- Expand your conception of what you're capable of.
- Go from "stuck" to "unstuck" using embodied awareness and somatic education.
- Learn how to tap into your natural creativity in the face of any challenge.
When you enroll, here's what's included:
• Complete satisfaction guarantee (love it, or it's on us)
• 12 hours of instruction and guidance over two days
• "Embracing Possibility" digital workbook
• Bonus: members-only audio & video resources for continued reference
If you don't absolutely love your experience, we'll give you a full refund before you leave on Sunday. We are deeply committed to this work, and we value your satisfaction above all else.
Your Host: Seth Dellinger is a Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner® and a firm believer in the transformative powers of curiosity and creativity.
Seth discovered the Feldenkrais Method® in 2011 and was immediately drawn to the spirit of biological optimism that is embodied in this unique somatic approach.
In his classes, Seth emphasizes the potential for every individual to discover new possibilities for more comfortable and joyful movement and creates a safe a playful atmosphere where child-like exploration is encouraged and celebrated.
Seth has taught classes in many local venues and made special presentations at the University of Maryland Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center and the Dance Educators Training Institute of the Baltimore County Public School System.
Guest Facilitator: Chandler Stevens is a somatic coach, creative facilitator, and movement specialist.
He’s the founder of The Soma School, an international teacher training program that helps movement teachers gain a deeper understanding of the mind-body system through the field of Ecosomatics.
In his private coaching practice he helps people overcome the physical, mental, and ecological limitations that keep them from living the life they want